If you love lamb & a nice simple recipe for dinner, this is one for you! 🙌🏽
Lamb Shanks makes for a gorgeous dinner & can feed as many people as you like! Perfect for having people over or just a nice dinner with the family at home.
This meal for us fed 7 people, all depends on how many shanks you want! 😍
• Lamb Shanks ( we used 8, but you can do as many or less as you like. )
• 1 bottle of fruitwood red wine
• 2 tins of diced & peeled tomatoes
• 2 brown onions
• 4 tblsp raw sugar • 2 chillis, seeded
• Salt to taste (Add your preferred amount of salt, taste as you go)
• 1 tblsp Beerenberg Worcestershire sauce
• 4 sticks rosemary
• 6 sticks basil
• 6 fresh sage leaves
• 1/2 cup of water
• 9 washed potatoes
• 1/2 cup of thickened cream
Method~ Lamb Shanks
• Pour the bottle of fruitwood red wine into a pot that is large enough for the lamb shanks to all fit inside.
• Add the tomatoes, onions, sugar, chillies, salt, lamb shanks, worcestershire, herbs & water, then turn stove on medium heat.
• Leave to simmer for 3-4 hours in sauce on same heat.
•Serve with mashed potato & dress with the sauce from pot once finished.
Method~ Mashed Potatoes
• Dice potatoes into fine pieces & put in boiling pot filled with water.
• Leave to boil & once soft, drain the water.
• Add the cream to the potatoes & mash together.
•Serve underneath the lamb shanks.